Bitfinex is a cryptocurrency trading platform that was founded in 2012 in Hong Kong city, and has since become one of the largest trading platforms on the planet. Among the various services offered by Bitfinex are an OTC (Over The Counter) market, a P2P financing system, derivatives market and a professional-grade traditional exchange platform.
Currently, Bitfinex is part of the company iFinex Inc, and as part of its service strategy, the platform has more than 300 cryptocurrency pairs ready for trading in more than 100 supported countries.
Among the most outstanding features of Bitfinex we can mention:
- Accepts a large number of cryptocurrencies for trading (more than 300 pairs) and has a huge liquidity.
- Commissions for operations ranging from 0.16 to 0.26%.
- Cryptocurrency deposits, bank deposits, debit/credit card.
- Easy to use and access platform.
- Ability to perform margin trading (leverage) with up to 10x.
- Derivatives trading with a leverage of 100x.
- A lending system (Bitfinex Borrow) that is P2P type, with which you can set the terms of the loan, select parameters such as interest rate, amount and time period for repayment.
- Affiliate and referral program.
- Paper trading, which is a function that allows trading in a simulated environment fed by real data from the exchange, which makes it an excellent learning tool.
- Excellent security. While Bitfinex suffered from some security issues in the past, all that is now a thing of the past due to a new security scheme in which coins are cold-stored. Bitfinex currently has security measures such as TLS 1.3 (for encrypting communications via HTTPS web interface), use of GPG (for secure digital identification), 2FA (for secure access to the platform with multi-factor authentication), among other features.
- Access possible via API Key and mobile application.
- Support for various payment methods in fiat (USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CNH), by cards (Visa, MasterCard and UnionPay or debit) and payment processors such as Mercuryo and OWNR Wallet.
Countries where you can trade with Bitfinex
It is possible to trade with Bitfinex if you are located in any of these countries:
- Cape Verde
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom
- Solomon Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Burkina Faso
- Russian Federation
- Saint Lucia
- South Sudan
- British Virgin Islands
- South Korea
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Vatican City
- Papua New Guinea
- Ivory Coast (Côte d’Ivoire)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Sierra Leone
- Saudi Arabia
- East Timor
- Cayman Islands
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Thomas and Prince (Sao Tome and Principe)
- Czech Republic
- United Arab Emirates
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Central African Republic
- San Marino
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- South Africa
- Isle of Man
Creating a Bitfinex account and connecting it to Atani
The process to create a Bitfinex account is very simple and easy to do. First of all, you will need to access their official website.
Once there you will have to click on “Sign Up“:
You will immediately be directed to a form to register a new account. In this form you will have to indicate:
- Email address
- Account password
- Password confirmation
After entering the data in these fields and accepting the Bitfinex terms and conditions of service, you will be able to click on the “Open account” button.
The next step is to verify that your email account exists and this will be done by means of an email that Bitfinex will automatically send to the email account you used for registration. There you will see a message with a code that you must use to verify the account, with this confirmation you will already have an active Bitfinex account.
Performing KYC verification
Bitfinex, like all other exchanges, requires you to perform a simple KYC verification process that you can complete in less than a minute. To enter the verification system all you have to do is go to your account menu and navigate to the “Verification” option:
Once there you will be redirected to the verification process where you can choose various levels of verification:
In any case, the basic level (for both Personal and Corporate) gives you access to the entire Bitfinex platform requiring only one simple thing: a verified email address. This is the easiest way to use Bitfinex, its only limitation being that you cannot work with stablecoins, derivatives and bank transfers.
Connecting exchange via API Key
Bitfinex allows you to connect your exchange to third-party applications via API Key. In this case, we will explain how to create an API Key and use it to connect to Atani. First of all, you will need to enable the 2FA security options of the account which you can do from the user menu in the “Security” section:
We recommend that you make use of the Google Authenticator or Authy apps to perform this activation smoothly. Once this step is done, the next step is to look for the “API” option:
Once there, click on “Create new key“. This will start the key generation process and you will be able to see the configuration options of the new API. At this point we recommend you to study carefully the options that you will enable for the new API.
Once you have configured the options, give a name to your API and press the “Generate API key” button.
The system will ask you to confirm the API creation with your 2FA and with a link that will be sent to the email address you have registered in the account.
At the end your secret key and password will be generated:
At this point, you must open your Atani application, and go to the “Exchanges” tab, search for the Bitfinex exchange and connect it using the two keys given here. With that, the Bitfinex exchange will be connected to Atani and you will be able to trade on it using our application.
With that, the Bitfinex exchange will be connected to Atani and you will be able to trade on it using our application.
Did you like this content?
If you think this Atani post is interesting, share it!